Business & Employment Development Manager
U-Casadh has grown into a very successful three prong enterprise with expansion and change now needed in the 3rd phase/sphere – creation of employment opportunity and of Social businesses. This change and growth is expected to accelerate over the coming years and this position will lead this development.
We seek to find in the BEDM (Business & Employment Development Manager) someone who will work under direct supervision of the CEO and a sub-committee, to ensure that the key activities needed for development of the 3rd phase (Employment & Enterprise) are delivered in a fair, equitable and timely way.
The challenge is to be able to relate and understand the present needs of the clients and staff but also deliver business development in line with our current and the future needs, namely: Identification of viable business route options for U-Casadh and our clients.
While the CEO will develop the overall strategy and planning as endorsed by the Board, the role of the BEDM in feeding into the strategy and particularly it’s implementation, will be very important.
Location: Solas Building, Belmont Park, Ferrybank, Waterford.
Reporting to: CEO of U-Casadh Ltd
Salary: €42,000 p/a pro rata
Hours: 5 days per week/39 hours. This position requires flexible working hours and some weekend work.
Duration: 12 months full-time contract
U-Casadh Ltd recruitment and selection processes will apply including a 6 months probationary period.
Relationship to CEO
- Strategic Input – To further develop, implement and complete business plans and the enterprise facility to ensure their functionality at both the human, but in particular, the income generation level – in line with U-Casadh’s ethos
- To identify and develop most viable business options for U-Casadh’s continued development
- Plan and present a rationale and business plans for the development of identified/potential business/businesses
- To liaise with CEO in the development of strategic plans for employment programs and entrepreneurial opportunities through our social enterprise centre facilities
- Client Focus
- To ensure that all clients who are referred to the project are supported through all appropriate opportunities in our employment & enterprise facility – ensuring effective outreach outcomes through effective collaboration with our outreach and Community Employment departments and staff
- To plan and support the participation and involvement of all appropriate referrals in the ‘progression route’ processes.
- To ensure ongoing interaction with each participants’ outreach workers to ensure appropriate joined up thinking and through care In-House training schemes
- Planning and implementing the delivery of the U-Casadh employment and progression programs needed on site – to support the staff and clients in engaging with programs and activities aimed at employment/enterprise development
- To plan & support the staff and clients in accessing appropriate training and education programs and exploring opportunities in employment and enterprise both on and off siteRelationship with stakeholders
- Maintain/develop links with relevant statutory, social/community and private organisations with a view to supporting participants access appropriate services
- To draft annual reports and funding applications for same
- To attend relevant meetings and events as directed by the CEOManagement/Administration of Phase 3 (Progression Routes – Employment/Enterprise)
- Organization and motivation of progression phase staff, participants and targets – Clear business plans, work schedules, holding of Staff Meetings, Financial reporting and deliverables
- To maintain and develop accurate records and carry out general administrative duties in line with effective running/procedures of the enterprise/employment facility and processes
- To furnish regular progress reports to the CEO
- To prepare relevant documents for Management Board as specified and attend same when requested by CEOThe qualities we needed in the Business & Employment Development Manager
- Core Values – The founding principle of U-Casadh is to offer a safe non-judgmental space where people are afforded every opportunity in a respectful and valued manner
- Empathy – the ability to put your self in someone else’s shoes and see the world from their point of view is key. Every individual needs to be treated with the highest regard, without any judgement and seen to be equal in every way
- Confidentiality – the ethos of U-Casadh is to treat all our people with deep respect and dignity. This must be respected through strict confidentiality and trust
- Business Acumen – experience of commercial business with positive outcomes/outputs
- Resilience – the ability to thrive in an environment/organization which is growing and developing all the time
- Precision – to follow up on the work schedules and allow the timely completion of all the different reports required
- Loyalty – to all the people who make up U-Casadh
- Creativity – to create, implement and manage development opportunities for U-Casadh
- Credibility – to be an effective Ambassador for U-Casadh in external contact
- Commercial Business Development – the delivery of business plans, work programs and social enterprise outputs
- Financial – effective projections, budgets and records
- Communication – all parties both internal/external informed of developments
- Customer Service
- Strategic Input – to liaise with CEO in the development of strategic plans for activity. Key Competencies required:• Strategic planning and organizing• Excellent communication skills• Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- • Ability to be adaptable, sensitive to needs of those engaging with the project and tolerance
- • Ability to lead, delegate and work as part of a team
- • Excellent decision-making skills
- • Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in Leadership Role
- Drivers Licence & own transport
- Experience & track record in commercial business development
- Relevant 3rd Level Degree
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, other duties may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
In the course of your employment you will have access to, or hear information concerning the personal affairs of the participants, staff and or other services. Such records and information are strictly confidential, and on no account can be divulged or discussed except in the performance of normal duties.
CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org