SICAP Supports to Start Your Own Business/Social Enterprise
Waterford Area Partnership provides supports under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme to individuals that are unemployed and wish to explore setting up a business or a social enterprise.
We work closely with Case Officers at the Department of Social Protection who also refer their clients that have applied for the Back To Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA) or Short Term Enterprise Allowance (STEA) to WAP for business planning.
Our experienced business mentors will meet with eligible individuals to;
- Support the development of a business plan
- Help to navigate the BTWEA process if required
- Provide Start Your Own Business/Social Enterprise Workshops
- Make a referral to other business/social enterprise supports, where necessary
- Provide 1:1 business mentoring
Once an individual’s business is registered, we will provide follow on supports;
- Ongoing 1:1 mentoring during your first year of business establishment
- Manual Bookkeeping Workshops
- Making a ROS Return Workshop
- Sales & Marketing Workshops
- Financial Apps for Business Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
As a sole trader/social entrepreneur we recognise how important it is to meet others that are also on their own business journey and can provide peer learning and support to each other. In recognition of this WAP supported the establishment of the Waterford Micro Business Network and continues to play a role in its development. To find out more about the WMBN, what it does and how it can support you visit their website.