Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Waterford Area Partnership (WAP) CLG was originally established in November 1995, and is one of 49 Local Development Companies operating throughout Ireland. WAP CLG works with disadvantaged communities and identified target groups with the objective of overcoming barriers to sharing equally in the economic, cultural and social life of Waterford. WAP CLG has two primary goals…
(i) To support communities and target groups in addressing social exclusion and equality issues, by developing the capacity of Local Community Groups, and creating more sustainable communities.
(ii) To Support individuals to improve the quality of their lives through the provision of lifelong learning and labour market supports.
Hartley People Recruitment has been retained by WAP CLG to appoint a suitably qualified professional to the position of Chief Executive Officer, based in Waterford city.
- Oversee the successful development and implementation of the company’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide strong leadership and manage the day-to-day operations of the organisation.
- Introduce any necessary change to ensure that WAP CLG is delivering on its goals and has the capacity to win additional contracts in the future.
- Provide direction and leadership in respect of the philosophy, ethos, mission, strategy, goals and objectives of the organisation and ensure that WAP CLG is integrated in to the fabric of the community.
- Ensure appropriate oversight of finance control and monitor all financial procedures and ensure that all budgets are adhered to and budgetary goals are achieved.
- Ensure best practice in terms of governance of the company and that the Governance Code is achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Develop strong quantitative and qualitative evaluation systems.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a professional or related role, including at least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership position, preferably with some experience in the Local Development or NGO sectors in either a professional or voluntary capacity, although this is not a pre-requisite.
- A level 8 Qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred; however a Level 7 qualification with appropriate experience with marginalised groups would be considered.
- A demonstrable commitment to equality, social inclusion and social change
- Evidence of managing teams of people with the ability to inspire, motivate and engage staff to deliver optimal results.
- Proven finance skills with the ability to develop and manage financial budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, influencing and stakeholder management skills and experience with an ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
A full job and person specification is available on request.
To apply, please send full CV and cover letter (max 400 words) to Pairic Doyle, Hartley People Recruitment, 29 Manor Street or e-mail email@example.com
A short application form will be sent by return mail.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 16th November 2018 at 4.30pm.
A printable version of this notice is available here
Canvassing for the post will disqualify your application.
Waterford Area Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.