WAP provides supports to help eligible individuals to achieve their learning goals, whether you are a taking that first step into further and community education or want to find out what learning opportunities are available to you.
SICAP Education & Lifelong Learning Services
Lifelong learning covers learning from pre-school to post-retirement. Lifelong learning can be both accredited and unaccredited training.
Community education facilitates access to lifelong learning provided in people’s own communities and can be a building block in accessing more formal education opportunities or help to set people on their chosen career path.
SICAP supports and programmes include;
- Information on and referral to further education and community education providers and guidance services
- Financial supports to attend Post Leaving Cert (PLC) Courses that will help to set you on your career path
- A Preparation for College workshop for those who have been accepted on a PLC course. This workshop will provide you with insights into getting the most out of your college experience, tips for effective study and communication whilst attending college.
- Collaboration with community education providers to deliver first step education programmes within a community setting, specifically those focused on individuals who experience education disadvantage; people with a disability, migrant communities, members of the Traveller community, the unemployed and older people.
- One to one information, advice, and support
- Enso Creativity Programmes that support individuals to find their education path whilst providing skills in the creative industries
- English Language Programmes
The MUKISA programme creates opportunities and supports for the integration of the Asylum Seeker and Refugee Community in Waterford. We build the capacity of individuals and communities through training and learning opportunities, with a QQI Level 5-6 focus.
We know that barriers to education and a lack of familiarity with the Irish employment system limits opportunity to be confident and active citizens in Ireland. We offer self-development opportunities, we break down cultural, language and social barriers and offer open access to learning. We focus on enabling positive integration so that individuals are empowered economically and socially.